Application for Advanced Online Course Design and Development
Before you complete this application, please carefully review the following information about the Advanced course.
In particular, note the meeting and application dates at the links below:
Your acceptance into the course will be based on 4 criteria:
- The immediacy of your and your department’s need for you to teach online. That is, how soon will you be teaching an online/hybrid course and did your department make this teaching assignment? Has your department identified online courses as an important initiative in the near future?
Note: Priority will be given to instructors who are assigned to teach online but who do not have training that has been approved by the Office of the AVPAA.
- Your level of interest in and enthusiasm for online teaching.
- The quality of your application. Did you articulate a well thought-out rationale for your future online/hybrid courses and your need for the Advanced course?
- Your experience with TRACS tools:
- Knowledge of basic TRACS functionality is a course prerequisite. For example, you should know how to create a project or course site, add/remove tools and participants, post to Forums and Resources, etc. Given the fast pace of the course, we will not have time to provide training in these areas.
- Your use of tools beyond the basics noted above gives us an indication of your enthusiasm for and interest in exploring instructional technologies.
Note: * indicates required fields